Holy Smoke Batman
More worrying is being replaced by nurses following algorithms with a cheery smile and a ton of empathy - that will be in the 5 years
Thank you, Azeen. An excellent and feliticitous comment
The other inconvenient truths
1. ADs don't work 2. The "chemical imbalance in your brain" talk is one of the great evil lies perpetrated by professionals on lay people in my lifetime 3. Worse than not working ADs make people more suicidal
Sorry Dr Aras...YOUR comment is tosh. A primary medical degree (as opposed to law, history, fine art, economics degrees ) is basically a PASSPORT to any Labour market in the world (plus or minus local mutatis mutandis qualif adjustments)
Your comment "rape and pillage" is over-emotive leftist claptrap.
Have degree will travel...doctors are FREE to go and work wherever they wish. I went from England to Australia...i don't need your endorsement/ guilt-trip thank you very much.
This is the reason medical degrees have a premium (over spending 3 years reading English Literature) as clinical medicine is near identical the world over
50000 pounds or 50000 calories
We're you also born yesterday
OF COURSE you are supposed to feel guilty ( and be selectively excluded in police/army/public service recruitment by BAMErs) from now on
Affirmative action is the new fascism...read Thomas Sowell on the disasters of this policy in African Americans.
So....poor kid gets to med school...qualifies and after 10years is rich (compared to his background) . ..and 2o yr on his/her kids are rich kids. My point? Education is free. Med study is long and hard. Opportunity cost is also very high.
This comment has been deleted
This comment has been removed by the moderator
"The revolution will not be televised" G.Scott-heron
How on earth does running a tight business equate to do things better for sick patients? Cutting costs meant shagging your salaried colleague in the next room - that was the Partner dreamtime from c.2002 when I qualified.
Incidentally I go to McCafe regularly and the coffee and cakes are superb and fantastic value
Always wanted to ask what the designation "high-functioning autism" is. Is it just to make parents feel better, thinking that compared to the REAL dev delayed their kid is pretty hot. Whereas in actual fact compared to normal kids their kid is pretty far behind. Also is every child on the autistic spectrum these days ?
The argument AGAINST crown immunity is simple...
Back in the day GPs were proud of their independent contractor status, in other words proud of being OUTSIDE the NHS.
Cocking a snook at the statist institution, it is no surprise that the state now argues GPs don't deserve a bar of state benefits
Nordic Cochrane Review
AD drugs in adolescents have seriously high risk benefit ratio
My God! I urge the readers here to Google the Bridgend suicide clusters in relation to SSRI ...anti-depressant drugs are a massive and dangerous hoax and need to be stigmatized MORE.
Can the chief do us the favour of citing some evidence of neurotransmitter deficiencies in allegedly depressed people whose levels are altered by antidepressants?
Partnershio sucked big in the early 2000s when I could have been persuaded. It just got exponentially suckier...
I use that last word in order to resonate with Dr Nabi s notion of partner-as-street-cred....laughed, I nearly turned my ENT mirror headband around backwards
Vinci....seriously, can you keep it to 3 short paragraphs
MASSIVE CAUTION ADVISED !!
experience will tell you (I.m telling you) There is only ONE reason why patients suck up to you like this, and it is to one day take a massive liberty with your ethical practice
Back in the day. c2001...I went to a GP training weekend at Cumberland Lodge where I came face to face with a bunch of college luvvies. It was traumatic. I realised my error in becoming a GP. It would have been like realising the war effort against global fascism was in the total control of the cast if "It aint half hot mum".
Happy to answer your questions Maverick
1. Weather in Australia is very excellent and outside the cities the population density is much less
2. There is Der for service...but close to 90% of consultations are handed out for free and the doctor receives the standard consult fee from the Government. Very controversially this rate has been frozen by all governments meaning income of GPs is inexorably decreasing
3. There is much less regulation of what you do and so a lot of loony fringe medicine is practiced by your colleagues (iv vitamin therapy springs to mind)
4. You can get high quality lab and imaging diagnostics within 24hr. I simply COULD NOT BELIEVE IT when a UK colleague says it takes two weeks for UK GP to get USS result....wtf!! How can you lot actually practice medicine
5. Doors to GP are closing really fast and there is a glut of home grown interns coming though