Can someone please explain why GPs still don’t have access to tests for their patients. I’ve seen 2 elderly housebound patients and one middle aged lady who is immunosuppressed today, all of whom could have covid19 and I can’t get any of them tested. Surely that’s a story?
Can I propose an alternative 6 categories of Shielding Patients:
1. Those high risk patients who should have been shielding for weeks before their letter belatedly arrived
2. Those who have been sent a letter saying they should be shielding, who shouldn’t
3. Those who haven’t been sent a letter, who should be shielding
4. Those who are dead (Wales)
5. Those who self registered on the government website for high risk patients that was so imprecise in its questioning that in our practice 66% of those who registered as high risk, weren’t.
6. Those whose incorrect categorisation resulted in thousands of hours of wasted GP time over a Bank Holiday weekend and has led to a catastrophic loss of faith and respect in the NHS leadership
Worrying that CMO thinks GPs have access to testing. These measures will overnight decimate Primary Care workforce who can deliver face to face care. Health Professional testing needed immediately.