Rules for commenting on online stories
Please see below for our standards and rules concerning user-generated content in the form of comments on our stories or in our forum.
- Comments are not moderated before publication and the views expressed are those of the user and do not reflect the views of Pulse.
- We do not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted by third parties for posting on site and you should be aware that such information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- All comments must be made by registered users of the site, although there is an option to leave anonymous comments if you wish.
- If you have a complaint about a comment or are concerned that a comment breaches our terms and conditions, please use the ‘Report this comment’ function to alert our web team.
- Any comments which are brought to our attention and are libellous or defamatory, or sexist, racist, homophobic or discriminatory in any other way, will be removed from the site.
- Comments brought to our attention which are mindless, offensive or abusive will also be edited or deleted to remove the offensive comment, subject to the moderator’s discretion.
- The views shared in the comment section and forum are those of the poster(s) and Pulse does not share them or take responsibility for them.
- It is the responsibility of the poster to ensure that any comments they submit are not untrue, defamatory, obscene or abusive or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable laws or rights of third parties.
- We will not tolerate trolls or spammers.
- Comments are considered in the public domain and may be used in future Pulse coverage or, where appropriate, may be quoted in the marketing of Pulse.
- Please be aware that leaving an abusive, libellous or otherwise offensive comment may result in your account being deleted.
- Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted on to the website, any liability we may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the website, or from any use of the website or reliance on the data transmitted using the website, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall we be liable for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of profit, data, revenue, business opportunity, anticipated savings, goodwill or reputation whether in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or use of the website save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.