This site is intended for health professionals only

At the heart of general practice since 1960

Read the latest issue online

CAMHS won't see you now

Anguish of GP's delayed diagnosis

The GPC has issued advice to GPs on how to claim unpaid PGEA.

GPs should first attempt to settle their claim with their PCT, but if they have no success should present clear evidence that they were paid in arrears to a county court.

The guidance comes in response to London GP Dr Cornel Fleming's legal victory in February after he claimed he was owed £3,000.

Afterwards, the GPC said most GPs were paid in advance and Dr Fleming's case did not set a precedent.

The new guidance maintained that rulings 'cannot be applied generically to all GPs' and did not apply to PMS GPs and those who joined the profession after 1991.

Dr Fleming said he thought the problem was 'more widespread than they are letting on'.

Rate this article 

Click to rate

  • 1 star out of 5
  • 2 stars out of 5
  • 3 stars out of 5
  • 4 stars out of 5
  • 5 stars out of 5

0 out of 5 stars

Have your say