Lipid modification (2 CPD hours)
How can you help patients weigh up the pros and cons of statins for primary prevention? Do statins cause diabetes? And what’s the best approach to raised triglycerides? Update your knowledge on all this and much more in this interactive module.
To improve your understanding of:
- The effectiveness of statins in primary and secondary prevention
- The latest evidence on statin safety and interactions
- The management of statin-related side-effects
- The importance of eye risk markers for CVD
- The management of raised triglycerides
- The diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolaemia
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
You don’t have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by pressing the Resume Module button alongside the module title in your Pulse Learning CPD log.