Clinical casebook: osteoarthritis (1.5 CPD hours)
Musculoskeletal physician Dr Ian Bernstein discusses the handling of four osteoarthritis case presentations.
This module will update your knowledge on osteoarthritis, including:
- How you can distinguish between pain from the lumbar spine and that caused by arthritis of the hip
- How closely X-ray findings correlate with the clinical picture and to what extent they should guide a decision to refer
- The role of an Oxford hip score in deciding who should be referred for a possible hip replacement
- The usual clinical course in hand OA
- Other diagnoses that might be present with an apparent deterioration of longstanding OA