Guideline debrief: dyspepsia and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (2 CPD hours)
This interactive, case-based learning module covers the GP-relevant sections of the November 2014 NICE guidance on the investigation and management of dyspepsia, symptoms suggestive of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, or both, using typical primary care case histories.
To improve your understanding of the NICE guidance on dyspepsia and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, including:
- Identifying the types of dyspepsia
- Recognising when gastro-oesophageal reflux is part of the clinical picture
- Red flags in dyspepsia and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- When to refer for endoscopy
- The role of non-pharmacological interventions such as lifestyle modification and review of medication
- The new NICE recommendations on PPI use and treatment ofHelicobacter pylori
- When to refer for further assessment and possible surgical options
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
You don’t have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by pressing the Resume Module button alongside the module title in your Pulse Learning CPD log.