Guideline debrief: neuropathic pain (1.5 CPD hours)
This interactive, case-based learning module covers the GP-relevant sections of the November 2013 NICE guidance on the pharmacological management of neuropathic pain in adults in non-specialist settings.
To improve your understanding of the NICE guidance on neuropathic pain, including:
- First-line options for neuropathic pain
- How management of specific neuropathic pain syndromes differ
- Second-line options- whether to add or switch
- Topical treatments recommended for patients who cannot tolerate oral therapies
- Changes in the recommendations on tramadol
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
You don’t have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by pressing the Resume Module button alongside the module title in your Pulse Learning CPD log.