Guideline debrief: NICE OA guideline (2 CPD hours)
This interactive, case-based learning module covers the GP-relevant sections of the February 2014 NICE guidance on OA using typical primary care case-histories.
To improve your understanding of the NICE guidance on OA including:
- Red flags in patients presenting with joint pain
- The diagnostic criteria for OA
- When X-rays can be useful
- The prognosis for OA at each joint
- Core non-pharmacological treatments
- First and second line pharmacological options
- Referral for joint surgery
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
You don’t have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by pressing the Resume Module button alongside the module title in your Pulse Learning CPD log.