Key questions on anticoagulation (1.5 CPD hours)
Professor David Fitzmaurice answers questions from GP Dr Julian Spinks on initiating warfarin, management and interactions.
A guide for GPs on areas such as:
- Anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation
- Warfarin contraindications and interactions
- Factors preventing good INR control
- Acceptable INR levels for operations and emergency admission for high INR
- The place of self testing and self management in anticoagulation
- Risks versus benefits of anticoagulation
This module was first published on 20 April 2010 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 20 April 2012, but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.