Key questions on food allergies (1.5 CPD hours)
Allergy GPSI Dr Adrian Morris answers GP Dr Mandy Fry’s questions on diagnosing cow’s milk allergy, prescribing Epipens and the value of allergen avoidance in pregnancy
Allergy GPSI Dr Adrian Morris answers GP Dr Mandy Fry's questions on dealing with food allergies in primary care.
This module will provide a GP -focused review of food allergies, including issues such as:
- The difference between food allergies and intolerance
- Diagnosing cows milk allergy in infants
- Using formula alternatives to cow’s milk
- Prescribing Epipens and training patients, or their carers, on how to use them
- Vaccinating children with egg-allergy against influenza and yellow fever
- Managing oral allergy syndrome
- Prognostic indicators for the possible resolution of a food allergy
This module was first published on 3 November 2010. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 3 November 2012 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.