Key questions on ovarian and breast cancer genetics (1.5 CPD hours)
Consultant clinical geneticist Dr Marc Tischkowitz answers GP Dr Keith Hopcroft’s questions on the genetic link between breast and ovarian cancer, areas to explore in the family history and managing women at high risk of ovarian cancer.
This module will update your knowledge on ovarian and breast cancer genetics, including:
- The reliability of negative genetic testing
- Risk reduction strategies that moderate/high-risk women should consider
- The implications regarding contraception and HRT for women at high or moderate risk
- Who should be considered for chemoprevention or prophylactic mastectomy
- Who would warrant genetic testing for the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene