Key questions on polycystic ovary syndrome (1.5 CPD hours)
In this 2014 update, consultant in sexual and reproductive health Dr Louis Melvin answers GP Dr Pam Brown’s questions on differential diagnosis, investigating women with suspected PCOS and treating facial hirsutism.
This module will update your knowledge on polycystic ovary syndrome, including:
- What signs and symptoms should prompt you to suspect polycystic ovary syndrome
- Differential diagnosis of PCOS, and what other conditions you should exclude before making a diagnosis
- Appropriate investigations in women with suspected PCOS
- How to actively manage long-term risks
- When it is appropriate to prescribe metformin in women with PCOS