- British Geriatrics Society (2014) Fit for Frailty Part 1. British Geriatric Society, London.
British Geriatrics Society and the Royal College of General Practitioners (2015) Fit for Frailty Part 2. British Geriatric Society, London.
- Boulos C, Salameh P, Barberger-Gateau (2016) Malnutrition and frailty in community dwelling older adults living in a rural setting. Clinical Nutrition. 35 (1) 138-143.
- Bollwein J, Volkert D, Diekmann R, Kaiser MJ, et al. (2013) Nutritional status according to the mini nutritional assessment (MNA®) and frailty in community dwelling older persons: a close relationship. Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging. 17 (4) 351-356.
- Laur CV, McNicholl T, Valaitis R, Keller HH (2017). Malnutrition or frailty? Overlap and evidence gaps in the diagnosis and treatment of frailty and malnutrition. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism. 42 (5) 449-458.
- Morley JE, Vellas B, Abellan van Kan G, Anker SD, et al. (2013) Frailty Consensus: A Call to Action. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 14 (6) 392–397.
- Elia M (2015). The cost of malnutrition in England and potential cost savings from nutritional interventions. British Association of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition & National Institute for Health Research Southampton Biomedical Research Centre.
- Elia M, Normand C, Laviano A, Norman K (2016). A systematic review of the cost and cost effectiveness of using standard oral nutritional supplements in community and care home settings. Clinical Nutrition. 35 (1) 125-137.
- Finch S, Smithers G, Doyle W, Lowe C, et al. (1998). The National Diet and Nutrition Survey: people aged 65 years and over. Nutrition & Food Science. 98 (3) 133-134.
- Baum J, Kim IY, Wolfe RR (2016). Protein Consumption and the Elderly: What Is the Optimal Level of Intake? Nutrients. 8 (6) 359
- Cawood AL, Elia M, Stratton RJ (2012). Systematic review and meta-analysis of the effects of high protein oral nutritional supplements. Ageing Research Reviews. 11, 278-96.
- Department of Health (1991) Dietary Reference Values for Food Energy and Nutrients for the United Kingdom. Report of the Panel on Dietary reference values of the Committee on Medical Aspects of Food Policy. Report on Health and Social Subjects London: HMSO.
- Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (2016). Vitamin D and Health. Public Health England, London.
- (2012) Managing Adult Malnutrition in the Community. Available from www.malnutritionpathway.co.uk.
THIS SITE IS INTENDED FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS ONLY