Pulse's news quiz of the year - you could win a John Lewis hamper!
Review 2017 and enter our prize draw for GPs
1. 'If you want to vent, don’t do it in front of a trainee.' This was one of the quotes of the year, but who said it?
megaphone - online
a. Dr Chaand Nagpaul
b. Dr Arvind Madan
c. Professor Clare Gerada
d. Professor Helen Stokes Lampard
2. Many GPs were surprised in May after their computers were affected by the Wanna Cry ransomware. But how many ‘bitcoin’ were the hackers demanding?
Computer Keyboard IT hand 330x330 JClaxton - online
3. What proportion of GP practices were found to be good or outstanding after the CQC completed the first round of inspections in May?
cqc inspections image 100x83px
4. In March, the wife of which Leicester City footballer endeared herself to GP receptionists everywhere by remarking that they were 'stuck-up and rude' and she had ‘yet to come across a pleasant one’?
a. Jamie Vardy
b. Danny Simpson
c. Andy King
d. Harry Maguire
5. Which of the following treatments was NOT recommended for inclusion on a black list by NHS England this year?
Pills Pills Pills
c. Immediate-release fentanyl
6. By which new terminology are GPs to be referred to in Scotland?
Scotland flag - CREDIT & LINK TO James Stringer http://bit.ly/1NaOFDZ
a. Community health specialists
b. Primary care practitioners
c. Roving geriatricians
d. Expert medical generalists
7. Who was top of Pulse’s Power 50 list in September?
Power 50 2017 logo – 220x220
a. Professor Helen Stokes Lampard
b. Dr Zoe Norris
c. Jeremy Hunt
d. Dr Richard Vautrey
8. The health secretary made a very important announcement at the RCGP Conference in Liverpool this year. But what was it all about?
jeremy hunt press association SUO 330x330px
a. Doctors being handcuffed to the NHS for four years after qualification
b. A ‘state-backed’ indemnity scheme for GPs
c. GPs carrying out driving checks in all over-75s
d. His resignation
9. What proportion of patients diagnosed with asthma probably don’t have the disease, according to NICE this year?
COPD - respiratory - inhaler - online
a. A quarter
b. A third
10. What Pulse story was described as ‘shocking’ by shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth this month?
john ashworth – square SUO
a. Record rises in practice closures
b. A fall in the number of GPs
c. A third of GP practices looking at closing their lists
d. NHS chief executive Simon Stevens forgetting his own name
To enter our prize draw for a John Lewis hamper, then please email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 2 January 2018. If you wish to be contacted regarding other Pulse prize draws and surveys then please indicate that in your email.
Please also include your GMC number.