Vacancy: Features assistant, Pulse magazine and pulsetoday.co.uk
Pulse is looking for a bright, imaginative journalist to help drive forward the features section of our award-winning magazine.
The successful candidate will work closely with our features editor to craft compelling, must-read content for our award-winning magazine for GPs.
This position offers the opportunity to learn the skills to be a top features editor, commissioning and writing advice articles on areas ranging from personal finance, recruitment to legal issues.
The ideal candidate will have journalist training and be comfortable working across online and in print.
Reporting to the features editor, the assistant will be asked to:
- Commission and edit articles for the Your Practice and Views sections in print and online
- Interview GPs on business topics
- Research and report with a high level of detail on business and finance case studies
- Research and commission features by and for GPs
- Edit blogs and liaise with Pulse bloggers
- Produce online articles using the CMS
- Manage a small amount of editorial budget admin
There will also be some opportunities to report on GP news stories.
Ideal applicants will be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Editing articles/blogs for the web, proof-reading or sub-editing
- Covering health topics as a reporter or writer
The post is offered on a six-month basis with the possibility to extend or renew the post after that.