Hot topics in hyperlipidaemia (2 CPD hours)
This case-based module gives practical advice on lipid modification, including cardiovascular risk assessment, when to start a statin and the use of other lipid-lowering drugs.
This module will provide an understanding of:
- Treatment options for hyperlipidaemia in the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease
- The benefits and possible adverse effects of statins
- Non-statin treatment options
- Clinical signs and interpretation of laboratory results in hyperlipidaemia
- Diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolaemia
- Management of raised triglycerides
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end to gauge how your knowledge has improved.