This site is intended for health professionals only

At the heart of general practice since 1960

pul jul aug2020 cover 80x101px
Read the latest issue online

Independents' Day

If we rent one of our rooms, do we have to give money to the PCT and should we draft a service agreement?

My partners are keen to accept an offer fron a chartered hypnotherapist to use our premises for one afternoon per week and receive a % of his take. However we receive notional rent from our PCT. Is there any national guidance on whether partners are duty bound to deliver such income back to the PCT to offset the notional rent cost?

Clearly we would need an simple agreement covering tenure, liability insurance, percentage commission etc. I have been advised to steer clear of a "rental agreement" (an iffy suggestion for however you dress up a cat as a dog, its still a dog) - presumably a license agreement would suffice though.

Suzanne Joyce

Rate this article 

Click to rate

  • 1 star out of 5
  • 2 stars out of 5
  • 3 stars out of 5
  • 4 stars out of 5
  • 5 stars out of 5

0 out of 5 stars

Have your say