Cookie policy notice

By continuing to use this site you agree to our cookies policy below:
Since 26 May 2011, the law now states that cookies on websites can ony be used with your specific consent. Cookies allow us to ensure that you enjoy the best browsing experience.

This site is intended for health professionals only

At the heart of general practice since 1960

Moderate warfarin helpful in over-85s

Around 900 practices will have to anonymise patient records manually before their quality visits because new software will not work on their IT system.

The Department of Health said its Quality and Outcomes Assessor Toolkit anonymisation software would 'substantially reduce' the administrative burden for 90 per cent practices before their annual quality review. But a spokesman for the department said the National Programme for IT, which procured the software, was in talks with suppliers to make software for the remaining 10 per cent of practices compatible.

GPC chair Dr Hamish Meldrum said the software should ensure there was no risk of breaching confidentiality.

Rate this article 

Click to rate

  • 1 star out of 5
  • 2 stars out of 5
  • 3 stars out of 5
  • 4 stars out of 5
  • 5 stars out of 5

0 out of 5 stars

Have your say