Troubleshooting and managing online appointments (1 CPD hour)
Dr Osman Bhatti looks at how to tackle eight common teething problems associated with launching new online services
This module offers advice on running online appointment booking and online repeat prescribing, including
- How many appointments to offer
- How to improve uptake
- How to manage the new workflow for online repeat prescription requests
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Do you have a protocol to manage the new workflow of online repeat prescription requests? Have you involved all relevant practice staff?
- Have you thought through what proportion of appointments to offer online and how to protect the system from abuse?
- Have you a clear policy on how to manage requests for online access from younger patients (aged 16-18)?
- Have you worked through the online processes personally, using a dummy patient?
- Are you promoting the service adequately? Have the receptionists been trained to encourage sign-up?