This site is intended for health professionals only

At the heart of general practice since 1960

Report this comment to a moderator

Please fill in the form below if you think a comment is unsuitable. Your comments will be sent to our moderator for review.

Report comment to moderator

Required fields.

Headline

Longer GP opening hours needed to boost productivity, says Monitor

Comment

There is a strange agenda going on with telephone access. The last comment suggests 60% can be dealt with over the phone. That leaves 40% that need face to face assessment following telephone triage and therefore duplicates work. I cannot see how there are any 'net' savings in practice time from this approach. This would only be of interest if there is an effective way to get the right patients to the right appointment rather than duplicating work.

Posted date

10 Oct 2013

Posted time

11:39am

required
required
required