Cookie policy notice

By continuing to use this site you agree to our cookies policy below:
Since 26 May 2011, the law now states that cookies on websites can ony be used with your specific consent. Cookies allow us to ensure that you enjoy the best browsing experience.

This site is intended for health professionals only

At the heart of general practice since 1960

Should we set up a company to run a new community service or pay the income into the partnership?

Our practice is considering setting up a community urology service. The local practice based commissioning cluster has indicated that our bid would be carefully considered. We have heard of some practices that have set up a separate company to provide such services and that this may be financially beneficial. We would probably work with a local consultant who would share in the profits. Under present tax legislation would it be more tax effective to go the company route? Or should we have income paid into the partnership, paying the consultant a fixed share?

A GP in Beckenham, Kent

Rate this article 

Click to rate

  • 1 star out of 5
  • 2 stars out of 5
  • 3 stars out of 5
  • 4 stars out of 5
  • 5 stars out of 5

0 out of 5 stars

Have your say