What you should be doing in November
- Formative assessment: most trainers do three or four formative assessments over the 12 months. This should tell you how you are doing, identify areas to focus on for the next few months and give you an early warning if there are any concerns.
- Feedback: this is also a good time to feedback your concerns and areas which the practice could help more with.
For summative assessment
- Sit summative assessment
- MCQ: you can take it again if you fail but most pass and get this hurdle out of the way.
- Try to decide whether to apply for single route video submission or separate SA/MRCGP.
- Discuss with your trainer.
- Continue practical sessions.
Compiled by Richard Stokell, a GP in Birkenhead, Merseyside, and a trainer