Five steps to successfully bidding for an AQP service (1 CPD hour)
David Pannell, chief executive of a successful GP federation, offers tips and flags up the pitfalls practices should look out for when bidding for LES and other AQP contracts
This module offers advice on ways that GPs can make a successful pitch to deliver a service through AQP, covering:
- How the AQP model differs from other ways of tendering services
- What GPs need to do to assess need, demonstrate competency and plan key details of the pitch
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Have you arranged a meeting with the contracts department of your CCG?
- Are you familiar with the local priorities and what services are likely to be tendered? Do you know what you’d like to bid for?
- Have you registered with Supply2health?
- Do you have neighbouring practices on board? What will be the formal working arrangements?
- Do you have a checklist for the infrastructure you need in place for the bid?
- Who will write the bid?