Seven steps to achieving better flu vaccine uptake (1 CPD hour)
This module offers GPs advice on maximising QOF points from the new flu vaccine programme, including:
- Reviewing flu vaccine uptake rates
- Targeting at-risk patients
- Co-ordinating vaccination plans with midwives
- Aiming for national targets
After reading this article you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- What has flu vaccine uptake been like in previous years?
- How can you better use your practice skill mix – especially thinking of nurses and midwives – to organise your vaccine programme?
- What will your expenses be for this year’s campaign, for instance in procuring the vaccine, staffing costs and sending out invitations to patients?
- How much QOF income could you generate from a higher rate of uptake?
- How will you implement the Department of Health’s 10-step guidance in your practice?