A cardiovascular GPSI has been named ‘GP of the Year’ at a ceremony in central London.
Dr Yassir Javaid was crowned at the General Practice Awards for his work leading a prevention scheme that has reduced stroke emergency admissions in the East Midlands.
gp of the year
Also at the awards, the Bradford Healthy Hearts scheme was named ’General Practice Team of the Year’ for their programme that promoted cholesterol reduction, stroke prevention and heart failure patients in secondary care, as well as public health prevention.
Practice Manager of the Year was Muhammed Ahmed and Nurse of the Year was Heather Lomas.
Other winners were:
- Commissioner of the Year – MALNUTRITION PRIMARY CARE PROJECT – Gwyn Harris
- Communications Provider of the year – Opus Healthcare Communications
- Innovators of the Year – Bevan Healthcare Outreach Services – Gina Rowlands
- Clinical Team of the Year for Long Term Conditions – Can a pharmacist take on a portion of a GPs’ caseload to consult with patients on medicines issues, such as problems with prescriptions and prescribing errors? – Germaine Swarbrick
- Nursing Team of the Year – Cuckoo Lane Health Care APMS, Leadership, Patient and Community Engagement, Holistic Care to patient – Julie Belton
Read the full list of winners here.