This module offers advice on showing CQC inspectors that your practice is effective, including:
- What evidence to present
- How to prepare for the inspection
- What training your employees need to have undertaken
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Check that you have, readily available, statistics regarding your immunisation and screening performance compared to local practices. If results are suboptimal in some areas, consider any action you might take.
- Ensure you can access any audits you have performed in the last year or two, and have documented evidence of any changes you have made as a result.
- Do you have, and can you easily access, minutes of relevant meetings, such as Unplanned Admissions or Palliative Care MDT meetings?
- How do you ensure that you are up to date with the latest clinical guidance? Who processes new NICE guidance and how?
- Identify and rationalise any QOF anomalies. In particular, familiarise yourself with relevant prevalence and exception reporting data – can you explain any outlier figures?
- Take a critical look at your poster display in the waiting room – organise a refresher of the display if necessary, with particular emphasis on healthy living promotional material.