Remedy improves the capability of frontline staff to work with survivors of gross human rights violations, such as torture, trafficking, rape, persecution and detention.
This advanced level course is designed for those who have attended the introduction level training, or who have some experience in working with survivors. Delegates can extend or reaffirm their knowledge of the subject, becoming confident in identifying indictors of trauma, having difficult conversations and protecting themselves.
Ø Learning from top experts in the field
Ø High quality teaching materials
Ø Practical and interactive workshops
Ø Small groups, allowing for personal attention
Ø Interdisciplinary, multi-agency learning
Learning Aims [tbc]: By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
· Confidently identify potential indictors of torture and trafficking in patients
· Use expert agency toolkits that aid clinical work with survivors
· Ask patients questions around torture, trafficking and trauma in a sensitive and appropriate manner
· Identify signs of burnout and vicarious traumatisation in staff
· Discuss approaches to solving problems associated with immigration status and accessing healthcare