8 March: Dermatology Update 2012
Broaden your knowledge on the management of common skin conditions and gain expert insight into more unusual presentations at this one-day seminar.
Sharpening your skills could reduce the frequency of consultations and significantly improve quality of life for many of your patients. One in four of the UK population has a treatable skin condition and skin disease is also one of the most common reasons why doctors are asked to certify incapacity benefit. It is no surprise then, that improving skills and knowledge in dermatology is a priority for many GPs. As pressure builds to reduce referrals and cut prescribing costs, expanding your knowledge in this area is essential if your practice is to achieve increasingly stringent efficiency targets.
Pulse has brought together consultants and specialist GPs with a wealth of knowledge and experience who can share their expertise in accurate diagnoses and offer practical advice on effective patient care. Managing skin conditions is a daily challenge in general practice. You should leave this seminar with a broader clinical knowledge base and informed by expert insight that can make a positive difference to your practice.
Attend this event to:
- Sharpen your diagnostic skills and avoid unnecessary referrals
- Get practical tips on managing the rashes, lesions and infections you see in every day general practice
- Familiarise yourself with less typical presentations and common misdiagnoses
- Gain confidence in tailoring treatments for elderly patients and for children
- Develop cost-effective strategies for tackling hard-to-treat conditions
- Gain 6 CPD hours
Who should attend?
- GP registrars
- Trainee and aspiring GPSIs
What is the cost?
- Early bird rate: £175 + VAT - booking before 10 February
- Standard rate: £225 + VAT - booking after 10 February
- Early bird rate: £349 + VAT - booking before 10 February
- Standard rate: £399 + VAT - booking after 10 February