Advances in atrial fibrillation: a video module (1 CPD hour)
Cardiology GPSI Dr Andreas Wolff’s concise update on recent developments in AF management, including AF risk scoring, how the new direct thrombin inhibitors compare to warfarin and rate versus rhythym control
This module is a concise update on the latest in the management of atrial fibrillation including:
- AF and the risk of stroke
- A comparison of outcomes in AF stroke and stroke of other causes
- The latest on risk assessment using CHADS2 and CHA2DS2VASc
- Assessing bleeding risk using HAS-BLED
- A comparison of warfarin with the new direct thrombin inhibitors such as dabiagtran
- Rhythym versus rate control and strategies for both.
Dr Wolff gave this talk at Pulse Live which took place in May 2013.
The powerpoint slides will cycle through automatically as the video plays, but if you are interested in a particular aspect of the presentation, use the arrow buttons at the bottom of the screen to navigate through the slides, simply click on the slide you are interested in and you will be taken to the relevant part of the video.
After viewing the video, you will complete a multiple-choice assessment to test the knowledge you have gained. You will then have the opportunity to record your personal learning points and claim your CPD credits, which will be recorded on a certificate stored automatically in your Pulse Learning CPD log.