Diabetes - What's new in (1.5 CPD hours)
GP and hospital practitioner in diabetes Dr Chris McDonald outlines five recent key developments with implications for GP practice.
To provide an update on five recent key developments in diabetes:
1. A Cochrane review into the risks and benefits of intensive glycaemic control
2. The 2012 NICE guidance on preventing type 2 diabetes
3. Research on polypharmacy in patients with type 2 diabetes living in care homes
4. Guidance on the risk of new-onset diabetes in patients taking a statin
5. The effect of bariatric surgery on diabetes control and possible remission