Hypothyroidism (2 CPD hours)
Getting a diagnosis of hypothyroidism is vital but can be tricky, with often non-specific symptoms. This interactive case-based module updates you on diagnosis and treatment of both overt and subclinical hypothyroidism, as well as how to manage the condition in pregnancy.
To improve your understanding of:
- Typical clinical features of hyperthyroidism
- Using TFTs to accurately diagnose overt primary hyperthyroidism, subclinical hyperthyroidism and secondary hyperthyroidism
- Use of thyroid antibody testing
- Initiating levothyroxine including when and how to titrate dose
- TSH suppression targets
- Monitoring treatment
- How to manage subclinical hyperthyroidism
- Managing hyperthyroidism in pregnancy
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
You don’t have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by pressing the Resume Module button alongside the module title in your Pulse Learning CPD log