Preventing diabetes - Guideline debrief (1.5 CPD hours)
This case-based learning module uses three primary care case histories to takes you through the July 2012 NICE guidance on identifying and managing pre-diabetes.
To improve your understanding of the NICE guidance on preventing diabetes including:
- Screening your practice list for patients with risk factors
- Electronic and questionnaire-based screening tools
- Using HbA1c or fasting blood glucose to identify those with pre-diabetes
- Intensive lifestyle programmes as a therapeutic intervention
- The use of orlistat and metformin in patients who fail to control risk through lifestyle change
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
You don’t have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by pressing the Resume Module button alongside the module title in your Pulse Learning CPD log.