Creating a motivated practice team (1 CPD hour)
HR expert Paul Williams answers GP Dr Anita Sharma’s questions on managing your practice staff in a positive way.
HR expert Paul Williams answers GP Dr Anita Sharma's questions on managing your practice staff in a positive way.
This module gives practical advice on motivating your practice team, covering:
- Improving your management style
- Recognising initiative and achievement
- Introducing an appraisal process
- Fair pay structures
- Disciplining an employee in a constructive way
- Involving your staff in regular audits of clinical care
After reading this article you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- What is your management style, and could you make improvements?
- Could you introduce a ‘team member of the month' award for staff?
- Can you appraise staff more effectively?
- Could your practice make use of away-days?
This module was first published on 17th November 2010 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 17th November 2012 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.
Paul Williams is managing director of Williams Primary Care Solutions
Dr Anita Sharma is a GP in Chadderton, Greater Manchester
Article only | Full CPD module