Key questions on managing chronic pain (1.5 CPD hours)
Pain medicine consultant Dr Joan Hester answers GP Dr Mandy Fry's questions on nerve blocks, trigeminal neuralgia and preventing opioid dependence.
This module will review key issues in chronic pain, including:
- Identifying patients at risk of developing dependence on opiate-based medication, and minimising the risk
- Prescribing in patients with neuropathic pain
- Managing patients with breast pain, persistent vulval pain, recurrent abdominal pain in children, chronic scrotal pain and spinal compression fractures
- Advising patients on complementary therapies for chronic pain
- Spotting and managing complex regional pain syndrome in primary care