Key questions on occupational lung disease (1.5 CPD hours)
Respiratory specialist Professor Sherwood Burge answers questions from GP Dr Pam Brown on identifying and managing occupational lung disease.
This module will give an overview on dealing with occupational lung disease in primary care, including issues such as:
• Identifying patients at risk of occupational lung disease
• Asking patients specific questions to confirm or exclude occupational asthma
• Carrying out investigations in primary care before referral
• Referring patients with suspected occupational lung disease and advising patients about industrial injuries compensation and common law claims
• Diagnosing berylliosis and pulmonary sarcoidosis