Key questions on sexually transmitted infections (1.5 CPD hours)
GUM physicians Dr David Barlow and Dr Helen Williams answer Dr Keith Hopcroft’s questions on managing STIs in primary care.
GUM physicians Dr David Barlow and Dr Helen Williams answer Dr Keith Hopcroft's questions on managing STIs in primary care.
This module will give a GP focused overview of diagnosing and managing common STIs, including:
- Identifying specific groups who are at particular risk
- Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) for chlamydia and gonorrhoea
- Treating anogenital warts
- Which patients should be offered HIV testing
- Advising patients who present after a casual sexual encounter
- The role of STIs in male and female infertility