Making use of family history (1 CPD hour)
GPs Dr Nadeem Qureshi and Professor Joe Kai discuss collating and interpreting family histories in primary care.
This module will update your knowledge on making use of family histories, including issues such as:
- Collecting a family history on registration, or opportunistically by the GP or nurse
- Collating and storing family histories in patient records
- Interpreting family history in primary care using risk assessment tools, such as ‘Family History Risk Assessment Software'
- Advising patients on using self-administered tools to record family histories
- Feeding back familial risk information to patients