Building blocks of a convincing business case (1 CPD hour)
PBC leader Dr Luke Twelves advises on writing a bid for a new service.
This module will update your knowledge on forming a convincing business case, including:
- The vision statement
- Outlining the outcomes you want and the risks if change does not occur
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Identifying the people who may be affected by your proposed changes
- Doing a financial appraisal
- Identifying the other NHS services that will influence the success of your changes
This module was first published on 7th December 2010 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 7th December 2012 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.
Dr Luke Twelves is a GP in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, founder of HuntsComm and director of clinical commissioning for UnitedHealth UK