Reviewing your practice business (1 CPD hour)
Accountant Jeanette Brown answers Dr George Kassianos’s questions on how to take a fresh look at your practice’s business plan.
Accountant Jeanette Brown answers Dr George Kassianos's questions on how to take a fresh look at your practice's business plan.
This module will advise on making changes or exploring new opportunities for your business:
- Conducting a SWOT analysis – list the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to your business
- Nominating a good minute-taker to record the major decisions made
- Checking that identical codes are being used by each GP for the relevant procedure
- Looking at private income streams
- Assessing staff employment expenses
- Reviewing and maximising income from the QOF
This module was first published on 11th January 2011 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 11th January 2013 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.
Jeanette Brown is head of the medical/healthcare accountancy team at Dodd & Co chartered accountants www.doddaccountants.co.uk.
Dr George Kassianos is a GP in Bracknell, Berkshire