What's new in mental health (1.5 CPD hours)
Mental health GPSI Dr Kate Thomas outlines five key recent developments and their impact on GP practice.
To update your knowledge on recent developments in the field of mental health:
1. Changes to NICE guidelines on prescribing in patients with Alzheimer's
2. Updates to NICE guidance on depression in adults
3. Research suggesting a link between early menstruation and depression
4. The consideration of including health checks for patients diagnosed with dementia in the QOF for 2011/12.
5. Research suggesting that folate supplementation with antidepressants led to greater improvements in depressive symptoms than with the antidepressant alone.