What's new in musculoskeletal medicine (1.5 CPD hours)
Musculoskeletal medicine GPSI Dr Victoria Tzortziou Brown outlines five key developments that will influence GP practice.
To provide a primary care focused update on new developments in musculoskeletal medicine:
1. An MHRA Drug Safety Update, alerting us to the link between antidepressants and the risk of fracture
2. Research making recommendations for Vitamin D intake in older adults
3. Research indicating that Quinine should not to be used routinely for nocturnal cramps
4. The publication of NICE guidelines on treating neuropathic pain
5. A study showing that slow-release NSAIDs are linked to higher risk of GI bleeding