Endocrinologists Professor John Lazarus and Dr Salman Razvi discuss the management of thyroid disorders in primary care.
This module will give advice relevant to GPs on thyroid disorders, covering:
- Managing the patient with hypothyroidism whose biochemical thyroid parameters are satisfactory but still feels unwell
- Advising patients who request treatment with T3 or animal thyroid extract
- Prescribing levothyroxine for patients with confirmed subclinical hypothyroidism
- Identifying and managing common causes of a thyroid swelling
- Treating hyperthyroidism and managing Graves’ disease