Gynaecologist Miss Ying Cheong answers GP Dr Pam Brown's questions on obesity and infertility, first line GP investigations and success rates of infertility treatments.
This module will give a GP focused overview of managing infertility:
- the effect of increasing maternal and paternal age on fertility
- how long couples should try to conceive before seeking help
- the impact of obesity on reproductive health
- common causes of male infertility
- management of infertility of unknown cause
- appropriate primary care investigations
Miss Ying Cheong is senior lecturer and consultant gynaecologist and subspecialist in reproductive medicine and surgery in the division of developmental origins of health and disease (DoHAD) at the University of Southampton. She is also the clinical director for Complete Fertility Centre, Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton.