Allergy GPSI Dr Adrian Morris answers GP Dr Mandy Fry’s questions on dealing with food allergies in primary care.
This module will provide a GP -focused review of food allergies, including issues such as:
- The difference between food allergies and intolerance
- Diagnosing cows milk allergy in infants
- Using formula alternatives to cow’s milk
- Prescribing Epipens and training patients, or their carers, on how to use them
- Vaccinating children with egg-allergy against influenza and yellow fever
- Managing oral allergy syndrome
- Prognostic indicators for the possible resolution of a food allergy
This module was first published on 3 November 2010. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 3 November 2012 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.