This module offers information on the new care.data scheme, including:
- Concerns about confidentiality of extracted data
- Ways to exempt patients from data extraction
- The publicity campaign for the scheme
After reading this article you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Are you aware what information the new care.data system will extract, and how this data might be used?
- Are you clear on your duties under the Health and Social Care Act and the Data Protection Act and how these duties might appear to conflict?
- Do you have accessible information about care.data for patients? Have you taken adequate steps to ensure that patients are aware of the data extraction?
- Are you and your staff aware of the codes applicable to dissenting patients?
- Are you clear on the difference between care.data and the Summary Care Record?