This module offers advice on making the most of your appraisal and avoiding pitfalls, covering:
- How to prepare well for your appraisal
- The ways appraisal contributes to your revalidation
- How to cope with common problems such as dealing with late-arriving supporting information, becoming the subject of a performance concern, and accessing third party support
After reading this article you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Are you clear on what material and information you should be collecting for your appraisal? Have you read the GMC’s document, ‘Supporting Information for Appraisal and revalidation’?
- Do you know who to approach locally if you feel you have had a suboptimal appraisal? And who would you approach next if the response was unsatisfactory?
- Have you got ideas in mind for your next PDP? Are they realistic, relevant and achievable?
- Have you allowed adequate time to prepare for your appraisal? What is the practice policy for providing protected time for appraisal preparation?