This module will offer a five-step guide to commissioning a service with a pharmaceutical company, including:
- How you establish a partnership
- Avoiding a potential conflict of interest and being up-front with patients
- Ways to share control of a pilot or pathway with a commercial company
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
1. What examples do you have locally of successful experiences with pharmaceutical companies?
2. What kind of guidelines and expertise would you want to set up before embarking on a project with a partner in pharma, for example to prevent companies promoting their own drugs, or IT systems compromising patients’ data? Who might be suitable to provide this in your CCG, and what organisations outside your CCG could support you?
3. Which areas might benefit from an evidence-based intervention like the examples Dr Fraser gives?