- The average salaried GP hourly rate now widely ranges from £32.50 to £75.00 per hour (£62,530 - £144,300 per annum FTE).
- This range has significantly increased in comparison to the 2011 range which was £35.00 to £55.00, and is now a range of over 130%.
- Locum GPs are reported to earn slightly more with an average range of £37.50 to £85.00 per hour.
- The rates paid to general practice staff in the general categories have not changed much from the rates reported in the 2011 survey results. This is a reflection of the general squeeze on practice pay-bills, which was a common theme in the intelligence reports accompanying the Practice Managers’ Salary Survey published earlier in the year.
- The average rates paid to junior nurses in practices are approximately £14.00 per hour, whilst the average rates paid to senior nurses are approximately £16.80 per hour.
- The results for the nurses’ average rates are a small increase from the previous year, which is consistent with the aim to increase the average hourly rate for nurses by 2.8% so that the average hourly rate is brought up to £20.34.
Source: First Practice Management / Towergate Financial Practice Staff Salary Survey 2012