Every hour of Harlow GP Dr Rob Gerlis’ day is fully accounted for.
Here’s my plan for the day.
- Up at 7am
- 8am: Attend aptly named ‘Making it Happen’ fortnightly meeting at local acute trust in my capacity as chair of Harlow PBC consortium.
- 9am: Regular catch up with PCT clinical director, along with strong coffee.
- 10am – 12pm: Return to practice for morning surgery of appointments, extras and telephone appointments.
- 12pm – 12.30pm: Multitask finishing off repeat scripts, path links results and scanned correspondence.
- 1pm – 3pm: Monthly meeting of local PBC chairs annd PCT.
- 4pm – 6pm: Return for evening surgery.
- 6pm – 7.30pm: Catch up on new scanned documents, path links and dictate letters and action any issues from the day.
- 9 – 10pm: At home review any PBC issues … may even read a non medical book.
I think I am good value for public money spent!
A day in the life of general practice